Cell phones & PDAs
One of the hottest markets for biometrics is the mobile phone and PDA industry, where consumers are already embracing its security and convenience. As biometrics are much more convenient than PIN security, and mobile phone users are seeking convenience above all, mobile phone manufacturers are seeking to implement a biometrics system that meets users’ requirements. Service providers are starting to offer more value-added services, and security issues in cell phones and PDAs are now becoming a top priority.
IDesia’s BDS™ is the ideal platform for mobile phone and PDA biometrics, based on its:
- Ease of Use — BDS™ touch sensors require only a simple touch of any two fingers, one of each hand. The BDS™ system has extremely high first-try success rates; there is no need for training or practice.
- Increased performance — BDS™ authentication provides high recognition performance in just a few seconds, based on revolutionary processing and analysis of an individual’s passively generated electro-physiological signals.
- Cost effectiveness — The BDS™ sensor costs a fraction of other image-capturing biometric sensors. BDS™ small footprint, conductive sensor is durable, non-breakable (metal coated or conductive ink), and can easily be incorporated into any compact device including PDAs and mobile phones.
- Low power consumption — Requiring very low power, BDS™ is ideal for all power sensitive microelectronic devices such as mobile phones and PDAs.
- Multi-level security — The longer one touches the BDS™ sensors, the higher the level of security. The required level of security is determined by the type of application, e.g. bank transactions.
- Size and ease of integration — BDS™ sensors do not require additional space on the handset as they can be easily integrated in existing keys.