BDS™ Pro-Smart Card
IDesia is developing a BDS™ Pro-Smart Card with fully independent capabilities, including:
- Small footprint of conductive contact points
- A bio-electronic signals reader (sensor chip)
- A BDS™ processor that performs BDS™ processing and template matching on board
- Data porting (contact via card contacts, or contact-less via NFC, RF-TR or backscatter for short or long range).
The BDS™ Pro-Smart Card will include the following elements:
- BDS™ Sensor: The BDS™ sensor captures the user’s electrophysiological signals. It is comprised of two parts – the small footprint of conductive contact points (metal coating or conductive ink) integrated in/on the surface of the card, and a sensor IC. The sensor IC utilizes a bio-amplifier, bio-filters and A/D in order to acquire high quality electrophysiological signals of the individual who touches the contact points.
- BDS™ processor: The BDS™ Pro-Smart Card contains a microprocessor with embedded BDS™ software in order to verify the card owner.
- Memory: The BDS™ Pro-Smart Card uses memory to store the card owner’s BDS™ templates. The enrollment process for the cardholder is done on the card itself, using a PC interface (contact or contactless).
- Communication: The BDS™ smart card contains standard communications technologies to communicate between the smart card and the card reader. (RFID type for short range or RF for medium to long range depending on the application)
- Power source: An integrated thin battery (primary or rechargeable) powers the BDS™ engine, and if required, the contact-less RF communication feature.
- ISO compatible: The BDS™ Smart Card complies with the mechanical and physical dimensions (thickness and flexibility) of a standard plastic card.
IDesia’s BDS Pro-Smart Card will comply with all relevant international standards, such as BioAPI, ICAO – LDS, ISO SC37, ISO 7811, ISO 7816 and ISO SC14443.